Travel Insurance Plus
- For students under 34 yrs who apply for their initial residence permit abroad (to be allowed to study in Austria)
- In combination with their D-Visa required to enter Austria
- The ONLY travel insurance that fulfills all legal requirements for the application. (Confirmation of probability for long-term insurance IN Austria)
- 100% accepted by all Austrian embassies
- You DO NOT need to take the travel insurance for the entire duration of your stay, just until you get the long-term insurance (student basic or plus) as soon as you have an Austrian (or other European) bank account
- Our travel insurance is a no-limit insurance so our coverage is much more than the “minium €30.000 coverage” required by the Austrian embassies
See “Hardfacts” and “Downloads” for the details
1. Pick your dates:
2. Your price:
€ 2.20 / day
3. Buy now!
- For any international NOT from Austria
- Valid for your C-Visa, D-Visa and INITIAL residence permit application
- NOTE: If you already have (or know someone who has) an Austrian or other European bank account, you can directly get the long-term insurance (Student Basic or Student Plus) that you will need for the residence permit pick-up in Austria and DON’T need to get the travel insurance first.
- Payment by credit card: VISA, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, Diners Club
- Running time of this contract: Min. 1 day
- Start time: Earliest 3 days from the current day (processing time)
- Confirmation: Sent within 3 hours max. (automatically sent by our system) – PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM AS WELL!
- Confirmation sent via e-mail. Please print!
- The insurance coverage is valid from arrival in Austria until your chosen date of contract end
- Cancellation policy: If your visa application gets rejected, you can cancel the insurance and get the money refunded if the insurance has not yet started. If the insurance is already running, you can’t cancel the insurance.
- Repatriation must be arranged by the UNIQA SOS-Service, otherwise a maximum of € 2.200,- will be reimbursed
- Price of € 2.20 per day
- UNIQA SOS Service: +43 50677 670
This product fullfils all the legal requirements for the embassies and the residence permit department (ex. MA35 in Vienna). In the order process you need to answer 4 health questions. If you can rightfully answer all 4 questions, we can guarantee that – if your health status does not change – we can insure you as soon as you are in Austria with our student basic or student plus product. This is necessary so that you have prove that you will insure yourself sufficiently according to the Austrian law regulations, as soon as you are in Austria and pick up the residence permit (the travel insurance is not sufficient once your status changes from D-Visa to residence permit)
Good to know!
- The insurance is provided by UNIQA, Austria’s largest insurance company
- If you stay overnight in a hospital, UNIQA will pay your bill directly
- To get your ambulant bills refunded, please use our “Request Refund” button in the navigation header
|Insurance Benefits||travel insurance|
|Max. insurance amount per travel||no limit|
|Full guaranty of cost coverage for stays in public hospitals in multi-bed room|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in private hospitals (two-bed room)|
|Medical transportation within Europe if needed|
|A: Medical treatment (public doctors)|
|B: Medical treatment (private doctors)|
|C: Dental treatment for the purposes of relieving pain|
|D: Brand medicines and generic medicines|
|A - D covered up to a total of:||€ 2,200.- / deductible € 40.-|
|Patient repatriation within Europe (to a hospital or to the residence in Austria or in the homeland)|
Will this insurance be accepted by the Austrian Embassy for my entry visa?
Yes, our insurance is accepted by all Austrian Embassies. You will get our insurance confirmation latest within 3 hours via e-mail.
For how long should I take the travel insurance?
We recommend to take the travel insurance for at least 1 month after your arrival date – to be on the safe side 2 months. You need to get your Austrian Bank Account in order to get our long-term insurance and that may take a few days/weeks. We can help you to open an Austrian account at: www.feelslikehome.at/bank
What happens if I have to stay in an hospital?
If you have to stay in a hospital overnight, just tell them that you have a private insurance with UNIQA. The hospital will call UNIQA to make sure that you really payed your insurance. If the check is successful, the insurance company will pay for your stay directly.
How does the refund work?
If you go to a private doctor, you have to pay the bill first. After that just make a photo with your smartphone and send us the bill via our Request Refund button in the navigation header. Please make sure that there is a diagnostics (Diagnose) on your bill, otherwise we cannot make a refunding. The refund normally takes about 2-3 weeks to process.
Am I 100% covered?
Yes, please read in detail the coverage comparison sheet for maximum coverage amounts per category.