Travel Insurance

IMPORTANT: Our travel insurance has two options:

Option 1:

– For people age under 34 yrs coming to Austria for less than 6 months, who do not need a visa at all or apply for C-Visa (entry visa) or D-Visa

– For people age above 34 yrs coming to Austria, who do not need a visa at all or apply for C-Visa (entry visa) or D-Visa (also for their initial residence permit application abroad)

Option 2:

– For students who apply for their initial residence permit abroad (to be allowed to study in Austria) in combination with their D-Visa required to enter Austria

Both options have the same price: €2,20/day.
Both options are 100% accepted for the Visa purpose and are officially approved!
Please find below the details to the two options.

Step 1: Calculate your price:

1. Pick your dates:
2. Your Price:


€ 2.20 / day

Step 2: Choose the right option:

If you are coming to Austria to visit or study for less than 6 months (D-Visa), don’t need a visa or only the C-Visa to enter, this is the right product for you.

Our travel insurance is a no-limit insurance and has you covered for your time in Austria (see “Downloads” for the detailled coverage).
So our coverage is much more than the required “Minium €30.000”

The price of the insurance is €2,20/day.
If you press “buy now” you will start the order process. In the process you can enter the start and end date of the insurance. The payment of the insurance is via credit card. You will get your insurance confirmation via e-mail latest within 3 working days.

This option is for you if you need to apply for the residence permit permission before coming to Austria and if you need the D-Visa to enter Austria.
This product is valid for students under the age of 34 years. If you are over 34, please select Option 1.

This product fullfils all the legal requirements for the embassies and the residence permit department (ex. MA35 in Vienna). In the order process you need to answer 4 health questions. If you can rightfully answer all 4 questions, we can guarantee that – if your health status does not change – we can insure you as soon as you are in Austria with our student basic or student plus product. This is necessary so that you have prove that you will insure yourself sufficiently according to the Austrian law regulations, as soon as you are in Austria and pick up the residence permit (the travel insurance is not sufficient once your status changes from D-Visa to residence permit).

With this confirmation the travel insurance is valid for your visa process.
You DO NOT need to take the travel insurance for the entire duration of your stay, just until you get the long-term insurance (student basic or plus).

How the timing works:
You are required to have the valid travel insurance as soon as you ENTER Austria and for min. 15 days IN Austria in order go get your bank account and the all-risk long-term insurance that is valid for the residence permit.

How we recommend you pick the right date (in case you don’t have a plane ticket already and know the exact date when you will arrive):

If you think you will be coming to Austria on the 1st of September, we recommend to pick the start date of insurance at least for the 20th of August and until the 20th of September. This give you some flexibility to come to Austria and you have some time to get your bank account IN Austria. (we can help you with the bank account at:




Please read the hard facts and the insurance coverage. They are the same for both options:

Important facts!
  • For any international NOT from Austria
  • Option 1: Valid for your D-Visa and INITIAL residence permit application
  • Option 2: Valid for your C-Visa
  • Payment by credit card: VISA, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, Diners Club
  • Running time of this contract: Min. 1 day
  • The insurance coverage is valid from arrival in Austria until your chosen date of contract end
  • Cancellation policy: If your visa application gets rejected, you can cancel the insurance and get the money refunded if the insurance has not yet started. If the insurance is already running, you can’t cancel the insurance.
  • Repatriation must be arranged by the UNIQA SOS-Service, otherwise a maximum of € 2.200,- will be reimbursed
  • Price of € 2.20 per day
Good to know!
  • The insurance is provided by UNIQA, Austria’s largest insurance company
  • If you stay overnight in a hospital, UNIQA will pay your bill directly
  • To get your ambulant bills refunded, please use our “Request Refund” button in the navigation header
Insurance Benefitstravel insurance
Max. insurance amount per travelno limit
Full guaranty of cost coverage for stays in public hospitals in multi-bed roomcheckmarkGreen
Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in private hospitals (two-bed room)checkmarkGreen
Medical transportation within Europe if neededcheckmarkGreen
A: Medical treatment (public doctors)checkmarkGreen
B: Medical treatment (private doctors)checkmarkGreen
C: Dental treatment for the purposes of relieving paincheckmarkGreen
D: Brand medicines and generic medicinescheckmarkGreen
A - D covered up to a total of: € 2,200.- / deductible € 40.-
Patient repatriation within Europe (to a hospital or to the residence in Austria or in the homeland)checkmarkGreen
Will this insurance be accepted by the Austrian Embassy for my entry visa?

Yes, our insurance is accepted by all Austrian Embassies. You will get our insurance confirmation latest within 3 days via e-mail

What happens if I have to stay in an hospital?

If you have to stay in a hospital overnight, just tell them that you have a private insurance with UNIQA. The hospital will call UNIQA to make sure that you really payed your insurance. If the check is successful, the insurance company will pay for your stay directly.

How does the refund work?

If you go to a private doctor, you have to pay the bill first. After that just make a photo with your smartphone and send us the bill via our Request Refund button in the navigation header. Please make sure that there is a diagnostics (Diagnose) on your bill, otherwise we cannot make a refunding. The refund normally takes about 2-3 weeks to process.

Am I 100% covered?

Yes, please read in detail the coverage comparison sheet for maximum coverage amounts per category.

For how long should I take the travel insurance?

We recommend to take the travel insurance for at least 1 month after your arrival date – to be on the safe side 2 months. You need to get your Austrian Bank Account in order to get our long-term insurance and that may take a few days/weeks

Travel Insurance Policy  –> English translation on the bottom of the document