Students Health Insurance Basic
The “Student Health Insurance Basic” is an all-risk student health insurance that is fully accepted by the Austrian government for your Visa-D and Residence Permit.
It is also legally conform when applying from abroad for the initial residence permit and acquiring the D-Visa first.
Please read the “Hard Facts” below for policy details, for purchase, cancellation & bank requirements. You have no Austrian bank account? Click here!
With our “Student Health Insurance Basic” you get the best service, the best product and the best price on the market!
Keywords: All English, all online, no documents required, 5 min. purchase, confirmation in max. 3 working days (usually 1 working day), 100% accepted.
Calculate your Price:
1. Enter your birth date:
2. Your price:
- For any international student NOT from Austria
- Valid for your MA 35 visa and residence permit!
- You need an Austrian or other European Bank Account to get this Insurance!
- Minimum age: 18 – Please click on the option for underaged below
- Maximum age: 34 – If older: https://www.feelsafe.at/academic/
- You can pick the start date of insurance for the current month and 3 months into the future
- The insurance can only start at the beginning of every month. If you want to be insured immediately, you have to select the 1st of the current month as “start of insurance date” when prompted in the order process
- You don’t need to upload ANY documents in the order process. You just confirm with a click that you are currently a student and also sign the contract with a click.
- Payment: monthly and automatically withdrawn from your account
- Valid all over Europe (except Switzerland)
- The insurance is provided by UNIQA, Austria’s largest insurance company
It is important to us to give our students all the flexibility that they need!
Our insurance can be cancelled at the end of any month if you:
- Don’t get your visa or residence permit approved
- Leave the country long-term
- Finish your studies
- Break up your studies
- Find a job in Austria where your employer pays your insurance
Please inform us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you see any important reason to cancel your insurance that is not listed here and we will check it with our experts.
What you have to do:
Send us a mail with a confirmation of one of the above mentioned reasons.
Important: Please send us the cancellation request by the 15th of a month in order to cancel the insurance for the following month. Any later request will result in having to pay for the following month before cancelation.
Otherwise contract time: 3 years.
Good to know!
- Price of € 56.32/month for students up to 27 years old
- If you stay overnight in a hospital, UNIQA will pay your bill directly
- To get your ambulant bills refunded, please use our “Request Refund” button in the navigation header
- For detailed prices of the Public Insurance products Click Here! Pay attention to the changes of pricing after you do not qualify for their cheapest price anymore
If you are under 18 years old, your parents or your legal guardian has to fill the order form for you. The partent or guardian is the “insurance holder” while the student is the “insured person”. Please fill in the health questions for the “insured person”.
What happens if I don´t pay the insurance?
If the insurance company doesn´t receive the monthly payment from you, they will send you a bill also called “Zahlschein”. You will then have to go to the bank and pay it there. If you don´t pay after a longer period, you will get a letter from a lawyer, saying that you have to pay the insurance plus the lawyer fees.
What happens if the insured person moves to another flat?
Please always tell us when you move to a new flat. Otherwise our letters will not find you. Just send us an e-mail via our contact button in the navigation header.
Can I change my insurance coverage?
Yes, you can always upgrade your contract. Downgrading is only possible if you inform us minimum one month before the current year of the contract has passed. For example, you started your contract on the 1st of September, you can downgrade later if you inform us latest by the 1st of August the next year.
What happens if I have to stay in an hospital?
If you have to stay in a hospital overnight, just tell them that you have a private insurance with UNIQA. The hospital will call UNIQA to make sure that you really payed your insurance. If the check is successful, the insurance company will pay for your stay directly.
How does the refund work?
If you go to a private doctor, you have to pay the bill first. After that just take a photo with your smartphone and send us the bill via our Request Refund button in the navigation header. Please make sure that there is a diagnostics (Diagnose) on your bill, otherwise we cannot make a refunding. The refund normally takes about 2 weeks to process.
Am I 100% covered?
Yes, please read in detail the coverage comparison sheet for maximum coverage amounts per category.
|Max. insurance amount per year||€ 2,526,000.-||€ 2,526,000.-|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in public hospitals in a multi-bed room|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in public hospitals in special class (two-bed room)|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in private hospitals (two-bed room)|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in private hospitals (single-bed room)|
|No waiting time for planned operations|
|Transportation back to your home country when medically necessary|
|Helicopter transport form a mountain after an accident||€ 5.680.- / year||€ 5.680.- / year|
|Medical treatment (public doctors)|
|Medical treatment (private doctors)|
|Medical treatment (complementary medicine)|
|Brand medicines and generic medicines|
|Physiotherapy, ergo-therapy, logopedics|
|Medically indicated psychotherapeutic treatment|
|Home visits by a public or private doctor|
|Repayment for glasses or contact lenses up to € 379,- / two years|
|Price per Month:||€ ?||€ ?||€58,39|
* more expensive if:
1) Not in regular study times
2) Change of studies two times
3) Change studies after 3rd semester