Accident & Household Insurance

Your Price:
€ 12.00 / month
Buy now
Important facts!
  • Minimum age: 18
  • You need a European Bank Account to get this Insurance! No Bank Account yet? Click Here!
  • Running time of this contract: Min. 3 years
  • Can be cancelled when you leave Austria (completely)
  • Payment: monthly and automatically withdrawn from your account
  • The Insurance is provided by UNIQA, Austria’s largest insurance company


This is an unique household insurance for students living in a shared flat or student dormitories. All privately used possessions in the flat that are owned by the policyholder are insured (clothing, electrical appliances, electronic devices, furniture, etc.)
up to €20,000 with no deductible.

In cases of fire, storm, water leak, burglary/theft, glass breakage as well as a private third party liability insurance (included at no additional premium).
Insurance sum: €1,000,000

What exactly is a private third person liability insurance?

The insurance covers personal, property and material damage caused by the policyholder upon a third person.

For example:

  • The policyholder is riding his bicycle and does not notice an older woman, causing her to fall down. —> The policyholder must cover the resulting damages and must pay the claims of the woman.—> The liability insurance covers claims of this kind up to €1,000,000
  • At a birthday party, the policyholder spills a glass of orange juice on a friend’s laptop. —> The laptop no longer works, and their friend wants to be compensated. —> The liability insurance covers this compensation.



1) Accident costs coverage up to€5,000
2) Rescue costs coverage up to€15,000
3) Cash for bone fractures€500
4) Cosmetic surgery after an accident coverage up to€10,000
5) Permanent disability (600% progression)€80,000
6) Accidental death coverage€10,000


What do all these numbers mean to you?

1)Accident costs coverage up to €5,000

All costs incurred after an accident are reimbursed up to €5,000.
These include: physical therapy, private physician bills, splints and other therapeutic aids, etc.
2) Rescue costs coverage up to €15,000

If you have an accident or are in distress in the mountains or in water. Covers also the costs of rescue helicopter.


3) Cosmetic surgery after an accident coverage up to €10,000

Should cosmetic surgery be necessary after an accident to restore the appearance, the costs for this surgery are covered up to €10,000.
For example: Laser treatment of scars, nasal correction after a fractured nose, loss of a breast after an accident and restoration, etc.


4) Permanent disability (600% progression) €50,000

In the event of an accident with permanent effects, the degree of permanent disability is determined by a physician.
The insurance sum will be paid out as follows depending on the degree of disability:


Lump sum for permanent disability € 50,000:

up to an invalidity degree of and including 5% a flat rate of 1% of the insured sum

for an invalidity degree of 5% up to 25% according to the degree of invalidity

triple benefits for an invalidity degree of 25% up to 50%

five times the benefitsfor an invalidity degree from 50% up to 75%

seven times the benefits for aninvalidity degree from 75% up to 91%

from an invalidity degree of 91%: 600% of the insured sum.


  • After  lesion of a frefinge the expert physician diagnoses a degree of disability of 3%.
    1% of the lump sum is paid= € 500 .-
  • After a serious skiing accident the expert physician diagnoses a degree of disability of 51%. 105% of the lump sum is paid (25%+ 3×25% + 5×1%)
    In total € 52,500.- will be paid out.
  • After ruptur of a curciate ligament the expert physician diagnoses a degree of disability of 7%.
    7% of the  lump sum is paid= €3,500.-
  • This is the worst case – may it never happen: 100% disability:  600% of the lump sum is paid = € 300,000.-

5) Accidental death coverage €5,000

€5,000 are paid to the heirs, so they can cover the costs.

 What happens if the insured person moves to another flat?

Please always tell us when you move to a new flat. Otherwise our letters will not find you. Just send us an e-mail via our contact button in the navigation header.

What should I do in case of a claim?

Please click our “Report Demage” button in the navigation header and write down what happened. Please also don´t forget to tell us your name our your contract number. After we receive the massage, we will get in touch with you.

What should I do in case of an accident?

Please do not worry about the accident’s costs, because with this package these are covered. However, please inform the insurance company as soon as possible over our “Report Damage” button in the navigation header.

After your report, we will send you a sheet where you have to describe how the accident happened. The doctor has to note down your injury and sign the sheet. If you need help, please call our service line.

How does the refund work?

After the insurance company is informed about your accident, you can send us all injury related bills. Larger bills, such as transportation costs or rescue costs, can be payed directly by the insurance company. If you need physical therapy, you have to pay the bills first and then you will get them refunded from insurance company.

What happens if I don´t pay the insurance?

If the insurance company doesn´t receive the monthly payment from you, they will send you a bill also called “Zahlschein”. You will then have to go to the bank and pay it there. If you don´t pay after a longer period, you will get a letter from a lawyer, saying that you have to pay the insurance plus the lawyer fees.