EU Faculty & Staff Health Insurance
Prices for the EU Faculty & Staff Health Insurance:
0 – 17 years: €40.15 / month
18 – 27 years: €59.70 / month
28 – 35 years: €75.34 / month
36 – 55 years: €126.49 / month
56 – 70 years: €268.31 / month
In case you are a CEU Faculty / Staff / Researcher holding an EU citizenship, you have the option to obtain the insurance by paying for it on your own. In order to purchase for your family members, please use the green box.
- For any EU Faculty & Staff of CEU
- Valid for your MA 35 visa and residence permit (if needed)
- You can pick the start date of the insurance in the registration process
- The insurance can only start at the beginning of every month. If you want to be insured immediately, you have to select the current month as “start of insurance date”
- You don’t need to upload ANY documents in the registration process. You just confirm with a click that you are currently a faculty/staff member of CEU
- Valid all over Europe (except Switzerland)
- The insurance is provided by UNIQA, Austria’s largest insurance company
Please send us the cancellation request by the 15th of a month in order to cancel the insurance for the following month. Any later request will result in having to pay for the following month before cancelation.
VERY IMPORTANT:You need to cancel the insurance before you leave the country. Just leaving without properly cancelling the insurance will lead to a pile-up of bills and ultimately to an expensive lawsuit!
Good to know!
- If you stay overnight in a public hospital, UNIQA will pay your bill directly.
Please do not stay overnight in a private hospital, it will NOT be covered.
- If you use the LARA network, the insurance will directly pay your doctor/pharmacy/laboratory/x-ray bills.
- If you use service outside of the LARA network, you have to pre-pay and use our “Request Refund” button above to get refunded.
Right from the beginning you can go to any dentist for medically necessary treatments (e.g. necessary pain prevention and pain relief) and get the medically necessary BASIC treatment (for example amalgam filling (Amalgamblomben)) and get 80% refunded.
|Insurance Coverage||CEU Health Insurance|
|Max. insurance amount per year||€ 2.848.982.-|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in public hospitals in a multi-bed room|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in private hospitals|
|Transportation back to your home country when medically necessary|
|Helicopter transport from a mountain after an accident||€ 8,548.- / year|
|Medical treatment (public doctors)|
|Medical treatment (private doctors)|
|Medical treatment (complementary medicine)|
|Brand medicines and generic medicines|
|Physiotherapy, ergo-therapy, logopedics|
|Medically indicated psychotherapeutic treatment|
|Home visits by a public or private doctor|
|Repayment for glasses or contact lenses up to € 250.- / two years|
|Dental treatments that serve the immediate purpose of preventing pain and first aid after accidents (80% coverage)|