As our health insurance products are valid for the residence permit process, as well as the residence permit prolongation, it is a long-term health insurance.
The general contract time is 3 years, but the contract will continue for as long as you are a student and until you actively cancel it!
There is no cancellation fee!
You will still have all the flexibility that you need and will NOT be stuck with a contract that you don’t need anymore!
Our insurance can be cancelled at the end of any month if you:
- Don't get your visa or residence permit approved
- Leave the country long-term (more than 6 months)
- Finish your studies
- Break up your studies
- Find a job in Austria where your employer pays your insurance (You HAVE to cancel as soon as you are health insured by your employer)
- Get co-insured with your partner as a dependent with the public insurance
Please inform us at email@example.com if you see any important reason to cancel your insurance that is not listed here and we will check it with our experts.
What you have to do:
Send us this form with a confirmation of one of the above mentioned reasons:
- De-registration from the city you live in and the flight ticket
- Confirmation from the University, that you have finished/quit your studies
- Confirmation from the visa department that your visa was not approved
- Confirmation from your employer
Important: Please send us the cancellation request by the 15th of a month in order to cancel the insurance for the following month.
Later cancellations are still possible, but due to the processing time, the payment for the insurance will be taken from your bank account for that following month. In such case, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would refund you the money. (Also international transfers are possible in case your Austrian account is already closed)
VERY IMPORTANT: You need to cancel the insurance before you leave the country. Just leaving without properly cancelling the insurance will lead to a pile-up of bills and ultimately to an expensive lawsuit!
VERY IMPORTANT:Due to government requirements, we tend to inform the MA 35 and visa authorities when you cancel your insurance, so as to make sure no one is staying in Austria without insurance. Without an insurance you can loose your visa / residence permit.