Austrians Abroad without USA & Canada
Calculate your Price:
1. Enter your birth date:
2. Your price:
- For Austrians going abroad for any reason
- The insurance is provided by UNIQA, Austria’s largest insurance company
- Under 18 years old? – Please click on the option for underaged below
- You need a Austrian or other European Bank Account to get this Insurance! No Bank Account yet? Click Here!
- Payment: monthly and automatically withdrawn from your account
It is important to us to give all the flexibility that you need!
Our insurance can be cancelled at the end of any month if you:
- Don’t get your visa or residence permit approved
- Finish your studies
- Break up your studies
- Find a job where your employer pays your insurance
- Return to Austria long-term
Please inform us at email@example.com if you see any important reason to cancel your insurance that is not listed here and we will check it with our experts.
What you have to do:
Send us a mail with a confirmation of one of the above mentioned reasons.
Important: Please send us the cancellation request by the 15th of a month in order to cancel the insurance for the following month. Any later request will result in having to pay for the following month before cancelation.
Otherwise contract time: 3 years.
Good to know!
- Price depends on age. 0-17 years old: €123.15
- The insurance can only start at the beginning of every month. If you want to be insured immediately, you have to select the 1st of the current month as “start of insurance date” when prompted in the order process
- If you stay overnight in a hospital, UNIQA will pay your bill directly. IMPORTANT: You have to get in touch with the UNIQA SOS Service!
- To get your ambulant bills refunded, please use our “Request Refund” button in the navigation header
If you are under 18 years old, your parents or your legal guardian has to fill the order form for you. The partent or guardian is the “insurance holder” while the student is the “insured person”.
What happens if I don´t pay the insurance?
If the insurance company doesn´t receive the monthly payment from you, they will send you a bill also called “Zahlschein”. You will then have to go to the bank and pay it there. If you don´t pay after a longer period, you will get a letter from a lawyer, saying that you have to pay the insurance plus the lawyer fees.
What happens if the insured person moves to another flat?
Please always tell us when you move to a new flat. Otherwise our letters will not find you. Just send us an e-mail via our contact button in the navigation header.
Can I change my insurance coverage?
Yes, you can always upgrade your contract. Downgrading is only possible if you inform us minimum one month before the current year of the contract has passed. For example, you started your contract on the 1st of September, you can downgrade later if you inform us latest by the 1st of August the next year.
What happens if I have to stay in an hospital?
If you have to stay in a hospital overnight, just tell them that you have a private insurance with UNIQA. The hospital will call UNIQA to make sure that you really payed your insurance. If the check is successful, the insurance company will pay for your stay directly.
How does the refund work?
If you go to a private doctor, you have to pay the bill first. After that just make a photo with your smartphone and send us the bill via our Request Refund button in the navigation header. Please make sure that there is a diagnostics (Diagnose) on your bill, otherwise we cannot make a refunding. The refund normally takes about 2 weeks to process.
Am I 100% covered?
Yes, please read in detail the coverage comparison sheet for maximum coverage amounts per category.
|Insurance Benefits||Worldwide without USA, Canada and Swiss||Worldwide including USA, Canada and Swiss|
|Max. insurance amount per year||€ 2,927,000.-||€ 3,252,000.-|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in public hospitals in a multi-bed room|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in public hospitals in special class (two-bed room)|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in private hospitals (two-bed room)|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in private hospitals (single-bed room)|
|No waiting time for planned operations|
|Transportation back to your home country when medically necessary|
|Medical treatment (public doctors)|
|Medical treatment (private doctors)|
|Medical treatment (complementary medicine)|
|Brand medicines and generic medicines|
|Physiotherapy, ergo-therapy, logopedics|
|Medically indicated psychotherapeutic treatment|
|Home visits by a public or private doctor|
|Repayment for glasses or contact lenses every two years||650,-||781,-|
|Price per Month:||€ ?||€ ?|