Guest Academics Insurance
Calculate your Price:
1. Enter your birth date:
2. Choose your start date:
To be up-to-date, the insurance start date can be max. 3 months in the future!
3. Your price:
- For any researcher, guest-professor & non-regular student NOT from Austria
- For any regular student that is older than 35 years
- Valid for your visa & residency permit
- Minimum age: 18
- You need a European Bank Account to get this Insurance! No Bank Account yet? Click Here!
- Running time of this contract: Min. 1 month
- Payment: monthly and automatically withdrawn from your account
You can cancel at the end of any month if you:
- Leave the country long-term
- Finish your studies/work/scholarship
- Break up your studies/work/scholarship
- Find a job in Austria where your employer pays your insurance
What you have to do:
Send us a mail with a confirmation of one of the above mentioned reasons.
Important: Please send us the cancellation request by the 15th of a month in order to cancel the insurance for the following month. Any later request will result in having to pay for the following month before cancelation.
Otherwise contract time: 3 years.
Good to know!
- Price depends on your age, please use our calculator
- The insurance is provided by UNIQA, Austria’s largest insurance company
- The insurance can only start at the beginning of every month. If you want to be insured immediately, you have to select the 1st of the current month as “start of insurance date” when prompted in the order process
- If you stay overnight in a hospital, UNIQA will pay your bill directly
- To get your ambulant bills refunded please use our “Request Refund” button in the navigation header
- For detailed prices of the Public Insurance products Click Here! You will see that we are ALWAYS cheaper than the Public Insurance!
What happens if I don´t pay the insurance?
If the insurance company doesn´t receive the monthly payment from you, they will send you a bill also called “Zahlschein”. You will then have to go to the bank and pay it there. If you don´t pay after a longer period, you will get a letter from a lawyer, saying that you have to pay the insurance plus the lawyer fees.
What happens if the insured person moves to another flat?
Please always tell us when you move to a new flat. Otherwise our letters will not find you. Just send us an e-mail via our contact button in the navigation header.
Can I change my insurance coverage?
Yes, you can always upgrade your contract. Downgrading is only possible if you inform us minimum one month before the current year of the contract has passed. For example, you started your contract on the 1st of September, you can downgrade later if you inform us latest by the 1st of August the next year.
What happens if I have to stay in an hospital?
If you have to stay in a hospital overnight, just tell them that you have a private insurance with UNIQA. The hospital will call UNIQA to make sure that you really payed your insurance. If the check is successful, the insurance company will pay for your stay directly.
How does the refund work?
If you go to a private doctor, you have to pay the bill first. After that just make a photo with your smartphone and send us the bill via our Request Refund button in the navigation header. Please make sure that there is a diagnostics (Diagnose) on your bill, otherwise we cannot make a refunding. The refund normally takes about 2 weeks to process.
Am I 100% covered?
Yes, except dental care is covered only 80%. Please read in detail the coverage comparison sheet for maximum coverage amounts per category.
|Insurance Benefits||Our product||Public|
|Max. insurance amount per year||€ 2,526,000.-|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in public hospitals in a multi-bed room|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in public hospitals in special class (two-bed room)|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in private hospitals (two-bed room)|
|Full guarantee of cost coverage for stays in private hospitals (single-bed room)|
|No waiting time for planned operations|
|Transportation back to your home country when medically necessary|
|Helicopter transport form a mountain after an accident||€ 5.680.- / year|
|Medical treatment (public doctors)|
|Medical treatment (private doctors)|
|Medical treatment (complementary medicine)|
|Brand medicines and generic medicines|
|Physiotherapy, ergo-therapy, logopedics|
|Medically indicated psychotherapeutic treatment|
|Home visits by a public or private doctor|
|Repayment for glasses or contact lenses up to € 414,- / two years|
|Price per Month:||€ ?||€464.42*|
|*Click here to check the price.|